Monday, January 8, 2007

Studio Assignment 1-More questions than answers

It fascinates me, as I look through each of the posted diagrams thus far, how different the approaches are....some are focusing on a specific element common to many of the shots.. others, such as my own, energy within the views, and still others, the underlying geometry and patterns....now that we have each found our own way to approach the problem, I would be interested in finding out if we can find any types of themes?? does certain geometry illicit certain responses?? do certain furniture layouts, or furniture types for that matter make the view more or less relatable?? This feels like one of those projects that will leave us with more questions than answers once it it is done... as some of the best projects do of course....

4 comments:

Kyle Basilius said...

yeah..I found it hard to think about things....I guess it is how we look at the images and what we take from them. I saw some of the images and I never thought to think of them that way...and that makes this exercise and the sharing of the views I think beneficial. Though I feel maybe I didn't push the envelope enough..ya know. So I like to stress over that.

Joe said...

i think the hardest part was beginning the diagram process. for me, being out of school for awhile made it a little more difficult then i thought it would. i do agree with kyle about feeling like i didnt push the envelope enough.

Ellie said...

Each approach has a very different/unique perspective on their perspectives. The one (underlying) question that I think can be asked across of all of them is:

Is there an overriding logic to the approach (found in one perspective) that plays itself out through the entire house?

I don't really have much interest in "what" each of you observe. I do however have a strong interest in what you "do" with those observations (i.e. how you investigate them after identifying them).

Paul Garland said...

As with Joe, I too found it difficult at first to analize a space for deeper meanings than does it meet budget, do we meet the building code for egress, another RFI.....

Once I got going, left my technical brain at the door, things began to pop out.