Friday, February 16, 2007

Portfolio: Concept #2

I thought that this was a good image to follow with... The assignment was to start thinking in terms of individual spaces that could achieve our concept... in that respect, these sketches failed, simply because they were not focused on individual spaces but instead more of a "whole" building feel.... so, for the most part these images were not successful.... that being said, when I revisited these images after further developing my design, I saw some considerable relationships from this initial sketch to my final drawings which gave this first attempt some renewed merit.... in particular, elements such as the water feature/seating plaza which bridges the interior and exterior...... the vertical space open to the different floors which later developed into the terraced gardens.... the recessed lower level that anchors the building into the earth... and the thin plane of glazing which serves as a subtle break between inside and out... while this image may not have worked in the context of that initial problem, I am happy that some of its key elements were able to be translated into my later design and reinforce my concept....


No comments: