Friday, February 16, 2007

Portfolio: Signature Element Detail

The most detailed portion of the project involved further developing a signature element to reinforce my concept..... I chose to focus on the "threshold" that exists between the media labs and the green roofs and how those two spaces could interact to enhance the feeling of bringing the outside in..... I finally decided on blending the two together, similar to the "yin-yang" principle..... by angling the glass curtain wall that separates the two, I can bring the interior out over the exterior, and the exterior in under the interior..... I considered using some type of monitor or signage in the angled space to relate to the users of the labs in an attempt to engage them in space that exists out over the garden... I also played with the idea of placing seating areas intermittently within the curtainwall frame to bring users "out" into the gardens with wild plantlife growing beneath their feet... The angle of this wall could be increased to further enhance the "overlap"



No comments: