Friday, February 16, 2007

Portfolio: Section Perspective

I think that this section is extremely important because it tells so much about the design intent with one drawing..... I like the play of the blue water and the green roofs with the rather sterile white floors and glass walls.... I think that it says something about my initial "Green Apple" concept which aims to meld the natural elements, such as water and grass, with the man made, such as glass and steel..... I never sought to have one overtake the other, but instead to have them compliment each other..... another point of interest is the brick party wall to match the adjacent building..... it is key in getting this building to pay homage to its traditional neighboring architecture..... furthermore, the brick injects a terra-cotta/earthly feeling to further enforce the the concept......


No comments: